Sunday, December 4, 2011

Orchard is growing in numbers

Yesterday I planted 3 more trees in my backyard orchard. I transplanted 1 tree to another location that seems to be having some issues. Back a couple of months ago aphids really attacked my trees and really punished a couple of them and 1 tree was killed. It seems as though the aphids may have spread a fire blight type of canker. Anyway I transplanted a tree that just seems to have not recovered. Maybe the new location will be better for this tree.
Well the garden is going to sleep I can tell everyday that the season is moving more to winter and the trees are starting to go dormant. Blueberries, crape myrtles, maple, elms, and muscadines in my garden are all giving up their leaves. Soon winter will be in full swing and shorter days and cool nights will be the rule. I love this time of year and look forward to it. Live everyday as though it was just for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment